- 200 g peanuts, unsalted
- 50 ml water
- 100 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or gingerbread spice mix
- 1 pinch of salt
- Mix the sugar, cinnamon or gingerbread spice mix and salt together in a bowl.
- Bring the water and sugar mixture to boiling point in a pan and let it simmer for a while.
- Add the peanuts and let the mixture simmer while stirring constantly, until the peanuts are completely coated in the liquid.
- Allow it to simmer until the sugar is almost caramelised.
- Let it cool and continue to stir the peanuts so that they don’t stick to each other.