Chicken siam with cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 500 g chicken fillet, cut into small pieces
- 400 g Oriental stir-fry vegetables
- 1 red sweet pepper, in thin slices
- 350 gram Basmati rice
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp nam pla (Thai fish sauce)
- 50 g cashew nuts
- coriander to taste, finely chopped
Boil the rice following the instructions on the packet.
Heat some olive oil in a wok and sauté the garlic in this.
Add the chicken and fry until cooked and golden brown.
After approx. 8 minutes add the stir-fry vegetables and sweet pepper; stir-fry for approx. 3 minutes.
Add the oyster, soya sauce and fish sauce and cook until these are hot.
Finally, add the cashew nuts, heating gently until warm.
Just before serving, spoon the coriander through the rice.
Serve the sauce either with or separately from the rice.
- 86 g
- 32 %
- 20 g
- 29 %
- 44 g
- 88 %
- 35 %
- Sat. fat
- 3 g
- 15 %