Focaccia with goat’s cheese and almonds
- 750 g wheat flour (flour type 1050)
- 1 cube of yeast (42 g)
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. grated, untreated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp. fine sea salt
- 8 tbsp. olive oil (extra virgin)
- Flour for the work surface
- ½ bunch thyme
- 70 g sugar
- 150 g shelled almonds
- 200 g goat’s cheese (from a log of goat’s cheese)
1. Take a large bowl, place the flour in it and make a trough in the flour. Crumble the yeast and dissolve, together with the honey, in 350 ml lukewarm water. Pour the mixture into the trough and mix in a little flour from the edges until a dough of thin consistency is obtained. Cover the bowl with a damp tea towel and place the dough in a warm place for 15 minutes.
2. Add the lemon rind, sea salt and 5 tbsp. of olive oil, and mix all the ingredients well. Knead for a minimum of 5 minutes with the kneading attachment of a hand mixer until a glossy and elastic dough is obtained. Leave covered in a warm place for 45 minutes.
3. Knead the dough again briefly and roll out on the floured work surface to a size that will fit a baking tray (approx. 40 cm x 30 cm). Place the dough onto the baking tray. Cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes.
4. Wash the thyme, shake dry and pluck the leaves from the stems. Caramelise the sugar in a saucepan. Stir in the almonds, place the almond caramel mixture onto a baking tray and allow to cool. Chop the cooled almonds coarsely.
5. Carefully remove the cloth. Break the cheese into small pieces and spread across the dough together with the almonds. Press down a little on the topping, scatter the thyme leaves on top and sprinkle with the remaining olive oil.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in a conventional oven - on the shelf positioned two levels from the bottom - at a heat setting of 170 °C. Remove the prepared focaccia from the oven and leave to cool on a cake rack until lukewarm. Cut into pieces and serve.
- 52 g
- 20 %
- 21 g
- 30 %
- 13 g
- 26 %
- 22 %
- Sat. fat
- 2 g
- 10 %