Spicy sweetcorn soup with pecan nuts
- 1 red pepper, cut into rings
- knob of butter / margarine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 300 g sweetcorn (tinned)
- ½ l milk
- 2 roasted sweet peppers, cut into slices
- 125 ml crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 20 g unsalted pecan nuts, finely chopped
- 100 g feta cheese, cut into cubes
Roast the red pepper briefly in a frying pan.
Heat the knob of butter in a pan, and briefly glaze the onion and garlic.
Keep 4 tbsp sweetcorn apart, adding the rest to the pan. Also add the milk and the red pepper. Bring the soup to the boil, and allow to simmer gently for a further 10 min. Purée the soup in the pan using the hand blender. Add the sliced sweet pepper and the crème fraîche, leaving this to cook at low heat setting for a further 5 min.
If necessary, bring to taste with salt.
Divide the remaining sweetcorn and the feta between the bowls and ladle the soup into the bowls. Sprinkle with the parsley and pecan nuts.
- 25 g
- 10 %
- 27 g
- 39 %
- 13 g
- 26 %
- 20 %
- Sat. fat
- 5 g
- 25 %